Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Luke Skywalker. Kitty Skywalker. Luke Paw-walker. I digress.


It's been a while since I showed up in any of my photos - and of course I've changed my hair again.
It's purple in the front and shaved all around the sides and back - like a mohawk with more real estate.

Talk about the easiest hairstyle ever. 
And believe it or not, the back of my head does indeed get cold!

But on to my latest work-in-progress:

It's Luke Skywalker.  And he's a cat.  Star Wars fan, I am.

This one is watercolour on canvas (24x36 inches) and still needs more work, but it's at that very 
vulnerable stage where it could be over-worked if I'm not careful.
For example, I'd like to play with the lightsaber and background some more - but being watercolour on canvas, it can be tricky to manipulate in the larger areas.

His inner ears could probably use a bit more work, too.

Vader is no match for Luke, obviously.

Speaking of Star Wars kitties - my painting of Princess Leia cat was featured last weekend
in this online German magazine.  If you follow my Facebook page, you probably know by now :-)

What are you working on today?


2 comments:

Pam of alwaysartistic said...

What a fun painting!

Cute hairstyle. I used to have long hair with shaved like yours underneath, was so much easier to take care of. Now I have full hair, 7 inches past my shoulders.

Sean Seal said...

These are GREAT!